Sunday, December 18, 2011

Homemade Wipes

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I think back to before I had kids & I wonder...how in the heck did I run a household successfully without any wipes?! I use them for everything. Cleaning quick spills, getting a spot out from a shirt, wiping faces & sticky hands, & of course the more obvious, less glamorous wiping up all that poop! Maybe this isn't normal, but for my house it is & let me tell you, we go through a LOT of wipes on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. So I thought, why not try to make my own? If I didn't end up liking it I could always switch back to the store bought ones. But to be quite honest, I never would switch back! The homemade wipes last a lot longer, are way more durable & I find I need to use less of them than a traditional wipe. Plus I like the idea of being able to use the baby wash I already use for my kids' skin in the bathtub. Here's how it's done...

What you'll need:

  • 1 roll paper towels (I got mine from the Dollar Store & they happened to be Basic Bounty)
  • 1 1/4 tablespoons baby bath wash
  • 1 tablespoon baby oil
  • 1 1/3 cups water
  • A container that will fit half a roll of paper towels in it (again, Dollar Store)

Step 1: Mix all of the ingredients together in your container

Step 2: Cut your paper towels in half with a non-serrated knife & save the other half for next time.

 Step 3: Just place your paper towels into the container already filled with your mixture.

Step 5: Close your container & turn in upside-down until the paper towels are completely wet (15 minutes-ish).

Step 6: Open it back up & pull our the cardboard center.

All done: Cheap, easy & durable wipes!







This is where I based my recipe from!

4 comments:

  1. I bought the stuff to try it today. Will be using an old folger's coffee tub tho. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you like them! Thanks for giving them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better continue doing this for like EVER so when I have a baby I can count on this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha totally will! Well at least until Joshy gets big!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!